Saturday, November 2, 2013

Nutrition Overload

Another 10 mile run this morning.  Not hard, but not easy.  I'm still doing these longer runs with the mindset "run so you're tired, Ed."  That way I just do whatever I feel like pace-wise but I always negative split it and wind up with a pretty decent run.

It's how I did all my training for my one and only Marathon and my first Half.  I didn't really know any better at the time and was really just concerned with finishing, however training this way has it's strong points so both races were good ones.  Thinking back I actually did do two track workouts before the Half.  Now two workouts aren't going to make but so much difference, however they did show me that I really could increase my speed over 13 miles by running 800 repeats.  Yasso's 800's.  Now an absolute must whenever I'm coming up on a 10K or longer where my time matters to me.

This week Bob and I were talking about nutrition and what we've learned, and are still learning.  So during my run this morning I thought I'd share an experience I had and my thoughts on taking vitamins and supplements.  And like Cyrano I decided to do this post with a little panache and record it on the run.




So there you have it.

Run on!

No comments:

Post a Comment